Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday

Today is my birthday. I've been dreading it. I often find birthdays challenging. Today, though, has been a very good day. I got into the office at 7:30, and by the time Administrative Assistant arrived I had the Sunday School lesson finished. I had commitments at 9:30, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, and 12:45. The guys on the building maintenance team gave me a large chunk of chocolate cake. I also received a decorated birthday cake, flowers, and a flowering plant from members. I was inundated with birthday greetings on facebook, and my siblings even managed to remember and call me.
.
Daughter called several times, and I picked her up this evening. We went out to eat and then went to see the movie Joyful Noise. It was a very pleasant evening. Daughter was dancing as we came out of the movie theater. She gave me an arrangement of silk roses. It was an enjoyable evening with her.
.
It's been a busy week, and a good one. We're getting things done. I'm feeling very blessed this year.

2 comments:

maeve said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like it was a great day.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks! It was a great day.