Thursday, February 9, 2012

Melt Down

This week I got the letter announcing that the House Manager will be stepping down tomorrow. It was sitting on the kitchen table as we were eating supper tonight. Daughter picked it up and read it. She was not happy. It's one more change. She doesn't see it as improving what has become an increasingly difficult situation. For her, it's one more change.
.
She had a melt down. She sat next to me on the couch and sobbed. She denies it has anything to do with the letter, but I know it does. I hope that with new leadership there will be less chaos in the home. I hope that with new leadership they'll begin providing her with the appropriate amount of carbs in her lunch. I hope that the new leadership will provide strong leadership. I hope that it will bring some stability for Daughter and her "sisters."
.
Sometimes hope is all I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of staff changes huh? wonder how often there were changes in staff before daughter got there? she is right in the middle of all the drama and loving it i feel.

Miz Kizzle said...

It's sad that your DD has to go through this. Blame our elected officials, who would rather spend our tax dollars on running the largest prison system in the "civilized" world (we lock people up for non-violent offenses that would merit a fine elsewhere), and on senseless wars that slaughter innocent civilians than we do on caring for our most vulnerable citizens.
If the staff of your DD's residence were well paid and well trained professionals there would be far fewer medication errors and the place would in general run more smoothly. But the budget doesn't permit that. It's a crying shame.

Reverend Mom said...

Obviously I don't know about staff turnover prior to Daughter moving in, but I do know that when she moved in the medical coordinator was brand new, as was the home manager. I was told that the new home manager was "a good thing." The hope was that she would improve thngs. She is very young, and do to health issues missed a lot of work. It's hard to improve thing in a 24/7 operation when you aren't even there 40 hours a week. So there was the same kind of turnover in administrative personnel less than month before Daughter moved in. I don'tthink you can blame that on her.

Miz Kizzle,
I agree with you. I was thinking how wonderful it would be if the house manager were an LPN. The house manager who is stepping down is very young with no education beyond high school. I suspect that in the current political environment things will not be improving any time soon.