Friday, February 10, 2012

Blessed

The other night I mentioned to the retired pipe fitter in the congregation that the faucet on my kitchen sink was loose. Last night after choir he asked if he could stop by today. So, this afternoon he showed up with his "apprentice," a retired civil engineer.
.
They are now at the home improvement store purchasing a new faucet for my sink and new light bulbs for my range hood. The old one was installed wrong, or defective, or broken, or . . . . Whatever the cause of the problem, it was in need of replacing. I gave them money and off they went. Their wives are in New York right now. They proudly reported that they were on Today this morning.
.
I consider myself very blessed to have friends like them who will lend me a hand with issues around the house.

No comments: