Friday, February 24, 2012

Heart Breaking

Daughter called this afternoon, sobbing. "Mom, I need to come home."
.
"Why? What's wrong?"
.
"I don't know. I thought the medication was supposed to help."
.
"It does, but they haven't been giving it to you properly. We're working on getting that fixed. They're sending the pharmacist to the house."
.
"I trusted them to keep me safe!"
.
I was able to tell her that Therapist was picking her up soon to go to shopping for the items for her self-soothe box. That diverted her.
.
I received several texts from Program Manager about how volatile Daughter was today. It's frustrating, and I won't hear anything more until Monday.
.
I'll see what happens after the pharmacist visits, but I think it's time for Case Manager to begin looking for another placement.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I think you're right. I am sorry, because you had sucn good hopes for this placement.

Reverend Mom said...

I did have good hopes. I also wonder if the next one will be any better....

Kristin said...

I'm afraid the next one won't be any better. They need to get their cranio-rectum inversion fixed.

Reverend Mom said...

Kristin, it really is discouraging to ponder a life time of dealing with this.