Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fall

There is a hint of fall in the air. A few trees have begun to change color, and the temperature is dropping into the 50's at night. Today's high was only going to be 74, so I opened all the windows. There are lots of trees in my neighborhood, so I'm enjoying the sound of the wind in the trees and the breeze coming in the windows. I can hear the birds and the neighbor kids playing touch football. I love fall.
.
After worship today Daughter and I went out to eat, again sharing a meal. From there we went to the farmer's market, and then the grocery store. By the time we got to the grocery store, we both were experiencing some major intestinal discomfort. We finished quickly and came home. Daughter took off her dress, put on her nightgown and went to bed. I called the woman who was going to go to the nursing home for worship with us this afternoon and asked her to handle the service. I was grateful for her willingness to step in on very short notice.
.
Daughter slept all afternoon, but is now up and had some supper. I'm grateful that are suffering was limited to one end, and didn't last very long. I don't think we'll be going back to that restaurant anytime soon....


No comments: