Friday, August 19, 2011

I Hate Medication Adjustments

Daughter is now off the antidepressant, and she's depressed. Lots of tears, lots of apologies. Last night she said, "I'm just miserable." I think that was an accurate reflection of where she is. "I just want to feel normal again." I keep hoping they will develop a blood test or something to determine what brain chemicals need fixing.
.
Today her program is going to a lake. She's convinced she won't be safe there. I did everything I could to reassure her, and sent her off. It's even more important that I have a break when she's just volatile. I've invited Brother and his family, and there were two possible dates. One was tomorrow. I put it off to September, in the hopes that she'll be a little bit more stable.
.
Last night for the first time I wondered if she was going to need to be hospitalized again....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti