Friday, August 5, 2011

A Day in the Yard

While I was mowing the lawn this morning, one of the saints called. She wanted to know if she could come work in my yard today. Did she think I'd say no?
.
We worked together for about 4 hours in the back yard. Slowly but surely we're getting things cleaned up after several years of neglect. We did some weeding and trimming. We cut down all the weeds that were growing between some bushes and the fence. I moved some flowers.
.
I enjoy working in the yard. I can see what I've accomplished, I know I've made a difference. I wish I could say the same for ministry. I am constantly sowing seeds, but most of the time I don't get to see them grow.
.
Daughter did well until the end of the day. Once she got on the bus, she began texting me about how sick she was. I offered reassurance and suggestions, which wasn't what she was wanting. She survived the bus ride home and is now pouting in her bedroom.

No comments: