Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Relief

A couple of weeks ago I took Daughter to the doctor. I came out with orders for blood work in 3 months and a medical form I need to submit as part of the process for getting her an out of home placement. I placed it on the back seat of the car, directly behind the driver's seat. I don't remember what was going on, but I didn't remove it immediately, figuring it would be safe there.
.
Several days later, when I went to get it, it wasn't there. I figured I'd already brought it in the house, except it wasn't in the usual places. I asked Daughter, and she went out and checked the car and couldn't find it. I checked my briefcase. I looked in my study at the church. I didn't do an all out search, because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find it. As long as I didn't look, I could pretend like I hadn't really lost it. (I know, I never said I was logical.) I began thinking about what I would tell the medical assistant when I called to request the paperwork again.
.
Today, I was getting my briefcase out of the car, and decided to look again. I saw a piece of paper under the passenger's front seat. I reached over and grabbed it. There was the paper work, just like I remembered it. Now all I have to do is fill it out and send it in. The lab order will join the other 2 that are posted on the refrigerator door. To say I'm relieved would be an understatement.... That's one less thing on my stress list!

No comments: