Sunday, August 7, 2011

Worship

Okay, I admit it. When it comes to worship, I have perfectionist tendencies. I want things to flow smoothly. I find it challenging to just go with the flow. That's not quite right. I am fine with incorporating interruptions and surprises that come up during the course of the service. In the planning, I focus on coordinating everything, flow, and anticipating challenges. Today five area churches worshiped together at a park. There were six ministers involved, which meant there were at least 7 opinions on everything. Coordination and communication were loose, and this morning was a little more chaotic than I like.
.
It didn't help that Daughter was a grouch this morning. She was refusing to speak to anyone or shake any one's hand. She was afraid they'd catch her allergies. Of course she didn't believe me when I told her allergies aren't contagious. She checked her blood sugar three times during the worship service, frustrated at how stable (and in normal range) it was. The park was beautiful, and I had some good conversations. I will focus on that, and let go of the rest. I am grateful I didn't have to preach this morning.

No comments: