Thursday, August 4, 2011

The First Week Back

Today was my final day in the office this week. It was a crazy week. There was the memorial service, newsletter, and a meeting tonight that took quite a bit of preparation. Poor Administrative Assistant went from shortened hours to 2 1/1 extra hours this week. The good news is we didn't have to do much preparation for this Sunday because it's a joint worship service in the park. The frustrating part of that is that it doesn't seem to be very well organized, and there are a lot of details that may or may not come together. A colleague is coordinating, so I'm doing my part and asking an occasional question.
.
Daughter called several times today. I was in a meeting, so she wasn't getting the response she wanted from me, so she called Sister and hooked her in. I had to drag Daughter with me to the church for a meeting tonight. She commented on how long it had been since she'd been there and had fun exploring her drawer in my desk. She'd forgotten what was in it. She was very patient through a 90 minute meeting.
.
Administrative Assistant asked her to help clean the church after an event next week. She'll get paid, and she's very excited about it. She said, "I'll have to do a good job, not the lazy screw up job I do at home."
.
I'm looking forward to a quiet day at home tomorrow.

No comments: