Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blessings

Today I woke up and heard thunder. I've walked 3 miles the last 3 mornings, so I'm now trying to figure out what I'm going to do if I can't walk this morning. The morning walk has become very important to me. I listen to sermon podcasts, pray, and enjoy nature. Yesterday I saw 8 deer while I was walking. I'm feeling very grateful to live so close to a wonderful park and walking trail.
.
One of the things that has surprised and pleased me is how much closer I feel to nature since moving from Tiny Village to Capital. Tiny Village was surrounded by farm land. It was flat and trees were few and far between. It was hard to grill or eat outside because of all the flies that were attracted by the huge livestock operations nearby.
.
Tuesday evening I grilled corn and hamburgers and we sat on the patio to eat. I sat there looking around my yard feeling very blessed to be here. I love my yard, my home, and the church I am fortunate enough to be serving.
.
I want to walk today, so I've checked out the information about the walking club at the mall between here and the church. I've been walking at 6:45. The mall opens for walkers at 7:00. That will work. Another blessing.

No comments: