Monday, August 29, 2011

The Appointment

Daughter made it to the appointment with only one meltdown at program. We came away with changes: something to use as needed to help her sleep, an increase in her lithium, and we're switching out her anti-psychotic for a new one, since the old one has stopped working.
.
Daughter did a good job of expressing her feelings. Program Manager and I described what we've seen and the paranoia and rapid mood changes. I'm to call her nurse every Friday to report on how she is responding to the medication changes. She has been assigned a nurse now. Unfortunately, it's one who doesn't impress Program Manager. We'll see how it works. I have other contacts I can use to get Daughter what she needs.
.
I do like this psychiatrist. We should see improvement in a day or two. Of course, I then went to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions filled, and they don't carry the anti-psychotic, so we won't be able to start that until tomorrow. She will sleep tonight, though, and she'll get additional lithium tomorrow morning. Hopefully those will make a difference. I told Daughter she was going to begin feeling better tomorrow. We'll see how the power of suggestion works with her....

2 comments:

maeve said...

Great news! Hope you begin to see some change quickly.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Maeve, we are all hoping for that.