Saturday, August 20, 2011

Progress in Inches

Yesterday evening I explained to Daughter my theory that part of her problem was that it was a year ago that we were getting ready to move, and suggested that her body remembered how nervous she was, and that she needed to tell her body we aren't moving again. I told her I'm staying in this house until they carry me out feet first. "Do you know what that means?"
.
She grinned, "Until you die."
.
I could see her begin to relax. Today she's a little less volatile. We still have some mood swings, but they aren't as frequent or as extreme. I reminded her to tell her body we aren't moving again. I told her that each day she was going to feel a little bit better. Her sense of humor is returning. Most Saturdays a woman from the church comes with her dog and picks Daughter up to go walk in a park. Every week Daughter informs me she's not walking this week. Every week she goes and has a good time. She needed fasting blood work this morning, so as we were headed to the lab (followed by breakfast out, of course), I told her that she would be picked up to go walking. I could see her winding up. "Now it's your turn to say the line you say every week."
.
I watched as she struggled not to laugh. Eventually she managed to say, "I'm not walking today." She was grinning as she said it. "Darn. I tried so hard to say it with a straight face."
.
We didn't have the usual breakfast battle with her wanting the highest carb item on the menu. This restaurant has 5 egg omelets, and they come with hash browns and two pancakes. She readily agreed to split a meal with me. She came home and started on the bathroom, and this afternoon we're going to go to a movie. I'm relenting and we are going to be Smurfed....
.
It may be inches, but it's progress, and I'll take it.

No comments: