Saturday, February 12, 2011

Self Care

Today I'm off to an all day meeting 70 miles from here. Yes, I'm dragging Daughter along with me. It will be a long day.
.
Yesterday a gift certificate for 90 minutes of massage arrived in the mail, courtesy of my sisters. I'm looking forward to calling to make an appointment.
.
I've also been thinking about the offer of help/support I received the other day. It is very hard for me to ask for help. Very hard. I think I'm going to see if there would be someone who would be willing to schedule someone to stay with Daughter at various times through the month. I could provide a calendar and prioritize time I'd like care for her. It could mean that I would no longer have to drag her to meetings. I think we'd both like that.
.
Friday evening she said, "Hey, have you noticed? I'm suddenly cooperating!" She seemed amazed by this realization-- as though it weren't under her control. I told her I had noticed, and I had also noticed that she was much happier as a result. I don't know how long it will last, but I'll enjoy it for as long as it does.

No comments: