Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Office

My street hasn't been plowed yet, but I decided I had to get out of the house, and needed to get Daughter out, too. We needed structure and a change of scenery. Once we got off our road, the streets weren't too bad, except for intersections. The sun is shining today, and it really is beautiful with all the snow. It won't be so fun when the snow all melts-- the long term forecast shows one day above freezing (33) in the next 10 days. The snow is going to be around for a while, I think.
.
Daughter is missing her program. She watched a DVD when we first came in, but now is napping. On February 15, they are supposed to move to their new building. She has some anxiety about it, but I am looking forward in not having to be here to open and close for them 5 days a week. The bus will pick Daughter up at the church in the morning and drop her off at home in the afternoon. On Friday, my day off, they will pick her up from home, too. I'm looking forward to that. Of course, I'll have to be even more intentional then about spending time with her.
I had a number of things I needed to do that can only be done at the church. We were debating about what to do about choir tonight, I finally pointed out that while attendance would be down, there would probably be some people who desperately needed to get out and see people. So we're having choir tonight. I have an appointment during choir with a couple who wants to get married next month. I'm hoping it will continue to be a productive day.
.
I hope everyone is staying warm and safe.
.

No comments: