- As soon as I was up and moving, I put the citrus in her room.
- I then turned on the radio in the bathroom so she would know I was up and moving.
- I began making sausage biscuits, thinking the aroma would encourage her to get moving.
- Her alarm went off.
- I turned on her bedroom light.
- The citrus was so energizing she actually reached over and turned off her alarm.
- I pulled the covers off her.
- After 20 minutes, I called her name.
- Five minutes later, I went in and called her name until she answered (yelled at me that she heard me).
- I kept yelling at her every five minutes until she got up and into the shower.
She didn't get breakfast-- just a cup of milk with her insulin and pills. She had a rather angry and unpleasant Mom on the drive over to the church (we didn't leave until after the time I like to be here).
In our weekly conversation, Sister Best Friend suggested that I shift my focus. I'm not going to win the morning battle. How do I strengthen myself to survive it? I'm going to put some thought into that today.