Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good-bye Spring






Spring teased us this week, and then it turned cold again. We are under a winter storm warning right now, and the predictions seem to be accurate. Daughter and I went into the store to pick up a few items, and when we came out, it had begun to snow. I had to clean the windows on the car. We brought our groceries home and then went to a local assisted living facility to lead worship. The snow is coming down steadily and the roads are bad.






I built a fire in the fireplace and we aren't going any where the rest of the day. They are predicting 6-8 inches by morning and up to 1/2 inch of ice, though we may be lucky and the ice may go just south of us. I was going to the hospital bright and early tomorrow morning to see a member before she has surgery. We talked this morning, and she told me not to come. I think I'll call her this evening instead. I'm also supposed to take communion tomorrow to a nursing home, but I may reschedule that. We'll see what the roads are like tomorrow. Daughter's program is closed for Presidents' Day, so we don't have to go to the church.

The smell of caulk is still pretty strong. I think those fumes may have contributed to our lack of energy and irritability yesterday. We were gone for about 8 hours today-- that was intentional. I may decide we need to get out tomorrow to get away from the fumes, too. I don't think I want to open any windows today to air the place out....



No comments: