Saturday, October 31, 2009

Discharged

Daughter called me a little after 4:00, very excited. She had been discharged. The paperwork was done and I was to come get her right away. She wasn't eating supper there, I'd have to take her out to eat. Her call was unexpected, to say the least.
.
I dutifully drove over and picked her up. We were given a prescription that needed to be filled tonight. I asked if they could give me one pill to cover tonight, but the nurse said she couldn't (I know another nurse did once with a late discharge.)
.
We came straight back to Town, but our national chain pharmacy was closed, as was the independent pharmacy. We made it to the super discount store north of town 15 minutes before their pharmacy closed, so we got her pills and then stopped at McDonald's.
.
I hope she's ready to be home. She thinks she's ready. On the way out of the door I paused long enough to lock up the medication and knives again. We'll see how she does. I need to call and make her an appointment with Psychiatrist for 2 weeks. I'll get her in with Therapist this week.
.
I just told her I was not willing to take her to a friend's Halloween party tonight. I've driven over 100 miles for her today. I'm not willing to go out again to take her to a party 15 miles from here. She was not happy about that. We'll see if she's able to hold it together. I need to go write a sermon for tomorrow....

No comments: