Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ouch!

We are in the process of getting new carpet installed in the church, so worship was in the basement today. Instead of standing on a carpeted wood floor, I stood on a bare concrete floor. My back didn't like it at all. Unfortunately, the memorial service Tuesday will have to be downstairs. The church won't be put back together and cleaned in time for us to do it upstairs. I'm frustrated, but there's not much I can do. I'll need to make sure I'm wearing shoes with lots of support for the memorial service.
.
Daughter had bowling this afternoon, and then we came home and I had a meeting at the church before a youth group event tonight. We had a bonfire at the home of some members. They had a fire started over by the field. Some cows came over to see what we were doing, and one kept trying to mount the other. The kids thought it was hilarious and gross, and it was made worse when the boy who owned the cows revealed they were mother and son....
.
We ended up leaving youth group before s'mores. Daughter was done. She had used up all her coping ability and was trying to hold off a meltdown. She managed to hold it together until we got in the car.
.
I have a very full week coming up, and I hope Daughter will be able to hold it together. At this point, Monday-Wednesday I'm pretty much book solid. I get nervous when I'm booked that solid, as it makes it very difficult to handle any emergencies that might come up. I sat at the bowling alley this afternoon trying to organize my week. I think I have a plan that will work, provided there isn't an emergency and everybody cooperates.... I'm trying to remember the last week without emergencies and with cooperation. I'll let you know when I remember it.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

It must have been before 1995.

Or else in the recesses of your memory.

Hope the plan/organisation goes well.

And the cows ...

Reverend Mom said...

Probably before 1985-- the year I was ordained....

So far, so good, on my plan.