Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Morning After

Daughter was up and cooperative this morning. She told me she still felt guilty about the way she'd treated me last night. I told her it might help to apologize-- she thought she had. I assured her she hadn't. I had a breakfast appointment this morning, so Daughter took the bus to the workshop, and then I picked her up when I finished with my breakfast appointment. Today was senior luncheon day. I made ham and beans after the funeral yesterday, and Daughter took them over to the community building last night.
.
She sat next to me and ate her cornbread, but was too sick to eat any beans. She had a miraculous recovery in time for the apple dumplings, which I didn't want her to have. The other women are much kinder than I am. I told Daughter I didn't know what to believe about her health at this point, which prompted more contrition and she dried the dishes I was washing. She told me she felt like hurting someone. I'm beginning to wonder if she's going to need to be hospitalized again. I hope not, but we'll let Therapist sort her out later this afternoon.
.
Now she's emptying the dishwasher and putting the laundry in the dryer. After Therapist, I have a couple coming over for premarital counseling tonight. I need to do a bit of cleaning before they arrive. You can always tell how busy I am by the mess in my house. I got up early this morning and cleaned up after my adventures in ham and beans in the kitchen yesterday. For some strange reason, if there is any dish in the sink, Daughter then becomes incapable of rinsing her dishes off and putting them in the dishwasher. I haven't quite figured out how that works yet.

No comments: