Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sometimes It's Real....


Yesterday Daughter was in her dramatic mode. Everything was hard, she was suffering, I was asking too much of her. When she gets into this mode, I've found it's best to ignore her. So when she couldn't figure out how to open the back door with the recycling from the church, I ignored her. When she announced dramatically that she had slipped and done the splits on the back porch, I was unconcerned. When I heard a crash from the kitchen/laundry room area of the house, I ignored it, figuring she'd dropped something. I didn't hear cries of pain, so I wasn't going to react to what I thought was simply another dramatic flourish from her.


Then I walked into the kitchen. The kitchen ceiling was on the table and floor. I called the trustee who is responsible for the parsonage. I soon had 3 trustees in my kitchen and upstairs bathroom. The supply line to the toilet had sprung a leak. You can see what my ceiling looks like in the picture above. The first plumber they called today couldn't get here to next week. The second plumber will do a patch this evening and replace the pipes this weekend.


Sometimes the noises really are problems, not just Daughter being dramatic....

No comments: