Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tired

Due to computer problems (I lost all the work I had done on the funeral for D today), I was very late getting to bed last night. I ended up getting less then 5 hours of sleep. This was my first funeral since Dad's, so it was more exhausting than usual.
.
When I finished the funeral, I had two voice mails from Daughter. She couldn't stay there any longer and I had to come get her. I called her and reminded her I was busy all day. I assured her she could make it through and I would see her when she got home.
.
The end result was that by this evening I was so tired I didn't feel good.
.
Daughter was concerned because I didn't feel good, and then she watched a TV show she had on the DVR. The mom wasn't feeling good, and the episode ended with her being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I told Daughter it was time to get her meds and get ready for bed, and she had a melt down. I told her I was fine and I wasn't going to have to go to the hospital. She insisted that wasn't the issue, the issue was I was a *itch and was treating her like a 3 year old. She refused to take her medication or insulin. I'm going to try to get her to take them one more time.
.
I guess it's no wonder that I'm tired. At least my back didn't hurt after the service, thanks to a suggestion from a good friend, I stood on a foam mat, and as a result was able to stand on the concrete floor in the basement without killing my back. Thanks, KJK!

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Very triggering.

Sometimes movies can produce/promote empathy, but not in this case, it seems. Probably hit too close to home?

Foam mats are terrific. Tatami is good too: else why did the Japanese sleep on them for hundreds and thousands of years? And they're easy to roll up in a possible natural disaster.

(Something for a tired missionary/minister to consider).

Reverend Mom said...

Yes, sometimes I can figure out her triggers. Other times I'm clueless. This morning she acts as though nothing happened last night. She's going to wear a costume for the senior luncheon today. She's going to go as a minister-- she wants to be like me....