Monday, October 12, 2009

Big City


We left a little after 8:00 this morning for Big City for an appointment Daughter had at the epilepsy clinic. The forecast for today had been for sun, but it was a gray day with scattered showers. Her appointment went well, and after they drew lots of blood, we went to a famous restaurant for lunch, and then to the zoo. It was a quiet day at the zoo, and we both enjoyed it.
.
I have been blowing my nose all day. I think (hope) it's allergies. I considered stopping to buy some antihistamines, but decided not to take one before driving the 100 miles home. It was after 6:o0 when we got home, and I have taken one now. Daughter was quite concerned about how I would sleep with my cpap machine with a stuffed up nose. I assured her I'd be okay.
.
Sisters are concerned because I mentioned my legs were numb while I was walking around the zoo. They want me to go the doctor right away. I have an appointment at the beginning of December, and unless the problem continues or gets worse, I'll mention it then. They both have the ability to get rather obnoxious. I don't, of course (heavy sarcasm). I'm sure part of my problem right now is simply the aftermath of Mom and Dad's deaths. Stress can lead to all sorts of weird health issues.
.
Tomorrow the plumber is coming to finish replacing the pipes in the kitchen ceiling. I'll spend the morning in the church office. In the afternoon I get to go visit a woman who just went on hospice with congestive heart failure. I'm not looking forward to the visit, as I'm sure it will bring back many memories.

No comments: