Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frustrations

Today has been one of those days. I was up early and had supper on in the crock pot by 7:30. Then Daughter unplugged the crock pot to start the dishwasher. Fortunately, I found it and was able to plug it back in before I went over to the church. We are getting new carpet installed in the sanctuary and prayer room. It was decided that many of the items that needed to be moved could be placed in the office. The office is literally an obstacle course, and we can't get at all of our office supplies. That set the tone for the day.
.
The bulletin had a phantom word in it. It wasn't appearing on the computer screen, but when we'd print it out, "organist" was over the Scripture lessons. We couldn't white it out without whiting out words we needed. I cut and pasted the good parts to a new document and reentered the page that had the phantom word, but the phantom word still appeared. It finally moved to the point that Secretary could white it out. The bulletin kept printing very crooked. I came home to print something on my computer, and it wouldn't print. I finally copied the file to a flash drive and went back over to the church to print it.
.
As we were fighting with phantom words and crooked copies and non-cooperative printers, the carpet installers arrived. I never knew it was so noisy to install carpet. Actually, they weren't installing carpet today, they were repairing the floor, which is well over 100 years old. Then there was Daughter. She was calling me at regular intervals in tears with vague complaints. I finally decided to go pick her up, since she was sure she was going to start puking.
.
She has been in bed since she got home, getting up long enough to eat supper and shower. Is she sick? I doubt it. Several months ago, a substitute supervisor at the workshop warned me that there was a group that was pretty vicious at the workshop. She told me that if Daughter ever came home and told me that they were picking on her, I should believe it. I think that may be part of the issue.
.
Because she was home, I couldn't make the southern swing by the nursing homes to visit my two hospice ladies. I couldn't risk taking her in if she was really sick, I can't leave her home alone, and it's impossible to get respite on such short notice. I will do the visits tomorrow. If she isn't back at the workshop, I will take her with me and she can sit in the car.
.
I'm tired, to say the least.

No comments: