Friday, January 13, 2012

Slow Learners

Daughter left mad this morning. I had told her it was time to go out for the bus, and she said I was pushing her, and I always push her, and she wasn't coming any more because she didn't like me pushing her.
.
Program Manager sent me a text telling me that when Daughter got to program, she called her house and told them she was sick and they needed to come get her. So they did. PM and I didn't think she was sick. We did think the staff at her house are slow learners.
.
She called this afternoon and asked me to come get her. I told her I didn't think that was a good idea, since she was sick. She was mad that PM had told me what she'd done. The conversation was brief.
.
She called later, again wanting me to come get her. I pointed out the day is boring when you leave your program early. She insisted she was really sick and had been having stomach problems. I didn't go get her. I told her I might consider picking her up tomorrow evening for Sunday. She was very frustrated. I told her I thought I'd pick her up for church Sunday morning and take her right back. It will be interesting to see what her approach is tomorrow.
.
It really is nice to deal with her drama from a distance. Very nice.

No comments: