Saturday, January 14, 2012

Really?

Daughter called this morning. "Okay. To be honest I wasn't really that sick Friday. I just didn't want to be at my program." I reminded her that lying will get her into trouble. She assured me she could handle the consequences. I told her I'd consider picking her up after supper this evening.
.
One of the saints picked me up this morning, and we went to a park to walk with her two dogs. We have snow on the ground, and it is continuing to snow off and on. The park was beautiful. The snow was fresh and white. We saw a few cross-country skiers, but for the most part we had the path through the woods and along the river to ourselves. It was a wonderful day to be out walking.
.
I finally got the last of the Christmas decorations down and put away last night. I've spent much of the day cleaning the house and rearranging furniture. It feels good to be getting things back to normal. Fortunately, I don't have as many evening commitments this week, so I'll actually be home and able to enjoy the clean house....

No comments: