Saturday, October 1, 2011

Safety Concerns

This afternoon I feared for my safety. Daughter was furious, and threatened to hurt me. What had I done? She wanted some chicken fingers. I was making some dip. I got out the chicken fingers for her, and told her she could have that or the dip, but not both. That was enough to set her off. I don't like being afraid. It reinforces the reality that she needs to move out. Sooner rather than later.

She ended up taking off, though she came back quickly. Then she ranted and raved about how much she hated herself and she was going to start hurting herself. I just sat here, numb. I suppose I could have taken her to the hospital, but I figured the threats would pass quickly. They did, but they left me exhausted. It's to the point I'm afraid to say anything to her, because I don't know how she'll react. This is no way to live. Of course, I find myself wondering how she'll do in a residential placement, and how long they will put up with her....

3 comments:

maeve said...

Wouldn't it be great if there were some sort of medical test that could tell us what was going on in the brains of these young people?

I have no answers, only empathy for your helpless feelings. You should not be afraid in your own house, but there are no answers. She's not thinking straight so straight-thinking solutions won't be solutions. I'm sorry!


Hope answers come soon.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Maeve.

I keep waiting for the test-- I can test her blood sugar, why not her brain chemicals? Right now, I think we need to wait for answers with her living away from me.

Miz Kizzle said...

You're right; that's no way to live.
I hope she gets a residential placement soon.