Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grieving

This evening I heard that a friend had been killed in an accident this morning. I'd only met her face to face a few times, but we had made a deep connection via an online support group for the parents of children with Reactive Attachment Disorder. She had 3 children, 2 of them adopted, 1 of them with RAD. Two months ago her husband dropped dead of a massive heart attack. It was a devastating blow for the entire family. I can't begin to imagine how the children will recover from this second blow. Daughter had met all of them. She saw my reaction when I read the news, and asked me what was wrong. When I told her, she asked if we could pray for them right away.
.
My friend had been blogging about her journey through grief. You can read her blog here: http://munchkinmom.blogspot.com/ (Blogger is being difficult tonight). I ask for prayers for her family. I felt sick when I heard of her husband's death. I don't even know how to describe what I am feeling right now.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, no. What will happen to the kids now? I've been praying for them since his death.

Reverend Mom said...

Rumor has it her sister is taking them. They need lots of prayers.