Monday, October 3, 2011

PB&J

I keep a container of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the freezer. When Daughter is refusing to cooperate and help out around the house, she gets a sandwich and an apple in her lunch. Today she finally asked me why she has to have PB&J. I told her that when she decides to become a contributing member of the family again, she will have more options. She didn't argue or object.

This morning I realized that the honest conversation last night may have been made possible by the increase in her anti psychotic. It's possible that enabled her to think more clearly and talk to me about her feelings. Her thinking process could have been too chaotic before to express what was going on. I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic today.

2 comments:

maeve said...

Cautious optimism is such a wonderful thing. We have it here as well. Must be the moon. No drugs here so I guess it's not the drugs, although we're looking at birth control tomorrow ---- yah!

Reverend Mom said...

Optimism tends to be fleeting. Fortunately, though, it keeps coming back. I'm grateful.