Sunday, October 2, 2011

Foul Mood

Daughter continues to be in a foul mood. I mowed the lawn this afternoon, and asked her to sweep off the patio. She worked at it for a minute, then came inside and watched me mow, take care of the bird feeders, and do various other outdoor chores. When I came in she sat on the couch pouting while I put away clean dishes, put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and washed things that couldn't go in the dishwasher. I dared to point out that she had a couple of lunchboxes in the car. She yelled at me to leave her alone.

When I finished the chores, I wanted to watch a football game, but I didn't want her here oozing ugliness. I told her she could go to her room or the basement. She informed me that was separation and we were no longer a family. She tried running away again. She didn't stay gone long, and since she didn't have her key, she had to call me and ask me to let her in the house. She apologized and retreated to the basement. She's downstairs watching TV and giggling. I'm watching football, grateful she's not in my space sucking the joy and peace out of the room.

Case Manager and I will be talking this week. We need to change some things up for her. The move will be hard, but it's time. I'm looking forward to some peace.

No comments: