Monday, November 22, 2010

Week Two

Daughter started the second week in her program this morning. Thursday she was so upset by the program that I anticipated a battle getting her to return today. I was pleasantly surprised. As we left the church to head over to it, she said, "I'm not nervous about today." She decided she was going to see if she could make it all day without calling me.
.
I almost hate to post anything, but the last 2 nights she hasn't had to change her linens. Her De.pends was wet, but she didn't soak through. She's quite proud of that. I think she is beginning to settle in. I hope she is. There's been a lot of change and turmoil for her this past year, so it's nice to see her settling in and doing better. I had been concerned because this was going to be a short week for her, but now I think this will be fine. Thursday we will see both Sisters and Brother. Friday we will be with Sister Best Friend. I think she is enjoying seeing family more.
.
Tonight is our board meeting, and I'm excited about the educational piece I'm going to do with them. I received a wonderful note this morning from a young woman who told me she really is feeling the Holy Spirit at work, and is optimistic about the future of the congregation for the first time in a very long time. I'm glad that others are feeling God's hand as powerfully as I am. Daughter and I will have much to be thankful for this year.
.

No comments: