Friday, November 26, 2010

In Honor of My Parents

I don't like decorating for Christmas. It's always been my personal act of rebellion against the Christmas stress. My parents went all out with decorations, and I decided I had too much going on this time of year, and I wasn't going to add to my stress by doing lots of decorating. I'm still not sure how it happened.
.
A couple of weeks ago, we were in a home improvement store, and I saw these twinkling snow flakes on stakes that could line a walk way. The next thing I knew, two sets were in my cart. There were some green and red CFL's that found their way into my cart-- 2 red and 1 green. It just so happens I have 3 outdoor lights. Today, Daughter brought up the Christmas decorations, and those items were on top. It suddenly hit me that I could hang the snow flakes on the porch. It wouldn't involve much climbing, and they were the perfect length and would hang down just the right amount. I needed some hooks to hang them. I found myself back at the home improvement store.
.
Once again, items began mysteriously appearing in my cart. We now have snowflakes, lighted garland, and 2 sets of net light on the big bush. My parents would be proud.

No comments: