Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Good Day

This has been a busy day, and a good one. Sister Best Friend and Husband were in worship this week-- her final day of a 2 week vacation. Several people thought she was my biological sister. The best line of the day was her response: "No, her sisters don't look like us." It's true, too. They came over for bowl of soup after worship (actually, they brought Daughter home and heated up the soup before I got here).
.
We left when they did, driving just over an hour to hear Short Niece's violin recital. Brother was there, too. Daughter was not too impressed with the violin playing. I though Short Niece did well for a 5 year old, but the reality is that listening to beginning violin students for an hour can be excruciating. When we got in the car I turned on the radio, and the station was playing classical music. Daughter said, "Ahh, now that's good violin music."
.
This week is going to be exceedingly busy, beginning at 7:00 tomorrow when I have an appointment with the dentist. I have evening commitments Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and a number of commitments during the day. Two men want time with me Thursday morning. I told the second one to coordinate with the first one so they didn't show up at the same time.
.
I continue to enjoy the challenge of incorporating PowerPoint with the sermon. The congregation is very appreciative. Daughter is feeling more comfortable here, which is good. One of the saints is taking her Tuesday afternoon (I have a clergy gathering all afternoon), another said Daughter could stay with her on board meeting nights. Daughter is delighted, as she likes both of these women.
.
I have what could be a major car problem, so I need to squeeze in a trip to a dealer this week. I'm already set to get new tires Friday. It could be a very expensive week....
.
Now I need to deal with the pile of personal papers on my desk and prioritize my work for the week. I'm looking forward to a busy, productive week.

No comments: