Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How Can a 2 1/2 Hour Board Meeting Be Good?

The monthly board meeting was last night. They had been accustomed to meetings that lasted less than an hour, but last night we began at 6:30 and didn't finish until 9:00. It was an excellent meeting, and no one complained (at least not to me).
.
We began with an educational piece, which was well received. I was pleased because they were all feeling positive about the church right now, and excited about the opportunities ahead of us.
.
We had open and honest discussions about 2 difficult situations, including talking quite frankly about the individuals at the center of each of them. We developed good plans for each situation. There were a number of tasks that needed to be done as a result of things we did last night. The work of those tasks is delegated to members of the board. I don't have to do any of them. In Tiny Village I often was the one who had to follow through on those kinds of things, so I am delighted.
.
I'm settling into my ministry here and loving it. Daughter is also doing well. Today she's hanging out at the church. We've had her folding and shredding today.

No comments: