Saturday, November 20, 2010

Preparations

Today has been a full day. Far Away Sister and her family and Sister will be here for lunch tomorrow. I realized I didn't have enough bowls for the soup I'm serving, so I decided to go out and buy new dishes. I'd had cor.elle for years, and Daughter had shown me she didn't like cleaning the kitchen by breaking dishes. I had a 20% off coupon, so I used a rebate and a gift to help pay for service for 12. I'm now ready to have my family here for holidays.
.
Daughter told me she needed help, because the voices are back. I told her I thought I knew what the voices were saying. I thought they were saying that she wanted some attention from her mom. She agreed that that is what they were saying. She told me they were saying she needed snuggle time. I explained to her that there was so much that needed to be done today, and she could work with me and it would get done and there'd be time for snuggling, or she could refuse,and I'd have to do it all myself, and then there wouldn't be time for snuggling. I made a list of the things I wanted done, and let her choose what she wanted to do. She did a good job.
.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's festivities. I'll be glad when it is over. We stopped by the church today. I had brought books home to work on worship planning yesterday, so while we were out shopping we took them back. There was a couple there working on cleaning up the landscaping in preparation for the installation tomorrow. Following the installation, there will be a supper. I had signed up to take a couple of dishes, but I was told it was my party and I wasn't to bring any food. Have I mentioned lately how much I love it here?

No comments: