Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snippets

This morning's newspaper had an article about adoptions that had taken place in Capital this week as part of the Adoption Month promotion. It continued on page 2B. The article at the top of page 2B was about a teenager (adopted) who was being charged with murdering her father and attacking her mother.
.
Yesterday evening Daughter spent a very long time figuring out what she was going to wear today. She said the problem was that she needed to find warm clothes (we're expecting snow today). This morning she came out wearing jeans and a sleeveless blouse.
.
At choir last night Daughter went for attention, and put her head down for a long time. She came to find me, sobbing about having a headache. I gave her love and an ibuprofen and sent her back. One of the men left choir early and stopped to ask if she was okay. He said they didn't know if they should come get me. I assured him she was fine-- just seeking attention. I'm delighted that they didn't take her bait.
.
Daughter claims she's having dreams about being a lesbian. I'm listening, assuring her I'll love her whatever, and pondering where this is coming from. I've never seen anything in her that would cause me to think she might be lesbian, so I'm just going to listen and wait. I'm not sure if this is a fear, a desire, or an attempt to shock me.
.
Tomorrow we will head to Sister's, then Brother's, then back to Sister's. Far Away Sister and her family will be with us until it's time for their flight home. It will be good for all of us to be together. I'm making cranberry relish for the day (which means I need to buy the ingredients today).
.
I've been in a low level panic for the last 24 hours. I could not locate Daughter's prescriptions from her new family doctor or psychiatrist. There are 17 total when you add in diabetes supplies like syringes, needles, test strips, emergency kit, etc. I didn't take them to the pharmacy right away because it was too soon to get them filled. Yesterday I searched my study here at the church and the guest room at home 3 times each. I laid in bed last night pondering where they might be. Both my home and study are very clean and organized (especially for me), so it just didn't make sense. I was going to go on line today to see if she had refills left on the old prescriptions. I remembered that I had brought some magazines to the church in a bag and placed them on the book shelves. So, this morning, I looked in the bag, and there were the prescriptions, neatly paper clipped together, just as I remembered. I will drop them off this morning as I take Daughter to her program.

No comments: