Friday, November 5, 2010

Day Off

Today was my day off. I stopped by the church to make some copies. Administrative Assistant pointed out it was my day off. I had teased her last night, telling her that she would have one day a week without me disrupting her day. So, today I was in to disrupt her day. Fortunately, it was a very brief stop.
.
We went to the tire place. I need new tires. They are going to be expensive. I need other work done, as well. It will also be expensive. I have an appointment for next Friday at 1:00. We went to the super farm market and ran into Realtor. We went out to lunch. We went to the home improvement store, where I bought a box that locks with a combination to hold a spare key for the next time I lock myself out of the house. We went to the grocery store. I talked to all my siblings. There has been some Thanksgiving drama this year. I've got two invites. Administrative Assistant said she'd get a member to invite me to Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to choose between Brother and Sister. Far Away Sister finds it amusing.
.
I'm hosting Christmas this year. That will be nice. We'll pick a convenient date between Christmas and New Year's for the family Christmas.
.
I've also been cooking. I've made sausage balls to put in the freezer for the Christmas Open House and made 5 pounds of ground turkey into sloppy joes for the freezer and lunch tomorrow, when we will be hosting Brother and Sister-in-law. Sister-in-law hasn't seen the house yet. I also plan to make soup and a cake. Sunday afternoon we'll go see Short Niece in violin recital. I have commitments at the church Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings this week. I have an all afternoon meeting on Tuesday. Wednesday between meetings I get to go for an ultrasound. I once again managed to flunk my mammogram.
.
I'm very busy, and very happy. Daughter has been helping this afternoon, which has been nice. Back to the stove.

No comments: