Saturday, November 6, 2010

Family

In Tiny Village, we didn't see family that often. When we did, it was because we drove 3 hours to visit, often having to pay for a motel room. The last time they visited us was when Daughter graduated from high school in 2006. Today Brother will be making his second trip to visit us, accompanied by Sister-in-law, who missed the first trip because she was working. Tomorrow, we will be driving just over an hour to attend Short Niece's violin recital. We will see Sister there.
.
It's nice, being so much closer to family. I know Daughter will enjoy having more contact with them. I will, too. I'm looking forward to hosting Christmas for the first time. I'm also glad that I will be able to go to events for Short Niece and Brother's baby, who is due in March. I can dote on them since I won't have grandchildren. It will be fun.

No comments: