Thursday, January 28, 2010

Torn

This weekend I will be interviewing with a church about a potential call. This week there was a suicide in the family of one of the members here. Every contact I had with them they mentioned who would be in worship this Sunday that they wanted me to talk to. I had to apologize, and tell them I wouldn't be here. I wrote personal notes and left some resources in the office with instructions for them on where to find them.
.
I feel bad that I won't be here. Whenever I am called to a new church, there will aspects of my ministry here that I feel like I haven't been able to complete. I know that. It is still hard, and I feel torn. Daughter told me last night she was afraid I wouldn't get this call. I told her again that God will call us to the right place a the right time. "What if God makes a mistake?"
.
I asked her what mistakes God had made. She couldn't think of any. "Then why do you think God would make a mistake now?" I'm glad this satisfied her. I was afraid she'd ask me again why God would allow her to be born into a family that would abuse her if God loved her. The uncertainty and not knowing is especially hard for Daughter. I hope that God will provide answers soon....

No comments: