Friday, January 15, 2010

Testing

So I've read Daughter the riot act. She knows better than to pull the seizure stuff at home. That doesn't mean, however, that she's not going to test them in every way possible at the workshop. I picked her up today to go with me to the funeral home for visitation. Supervisor came out to talk to me. Today Daughter refused all work. She told Supervisor that she had a low blood sugar this morning and I told her to take it easy. Her blood sugar was on the low end of normal, and what I actually told her was it couldn't get much better.
.
She also had one of her "spells" with her eyes, head, and arm twitching. When Daughter came out, I confronted her in front of Supervisor. She was not pleased, and informed me we could talk about it in the car. She had no reason that made sense. The reality is that she is going to push the limits as much as she can. She said it was about being scared about Flasher coming back next week. Supervisor said she hadn't heard anything about Flasher returning, so it may not be happening-- or at least not as quickly as Flasher claims.
.
Daughter suggested that since she got in trouble, I should cancel Nice Guy coming over for supper and a movie. I told her I wouldn't punish him, but there would be consequences. I gave Supervisor my email address, and I told Daughter I had given it to her. She wasn't pleased. She knows that the games will have to stop. It will be interesting to see what her next stunt will be.

3 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

Does she not want to be at the workshop, is that it? Does she enjoy the work she does there or does she perceive it as boring busywork? From what you say, she frequently wants to come home early. Is that because she doesn't want to be there in the first place?
You certainly deserve to have a break from her and yet she deserves to feel like she's doing something productive instead of just being babysat. I feel bad for you. This probably hasn't turned out the way you envisioned her life to be.

Reverend Mom said...

Great questions, Miz Kizzle.

She wants to be at the workshop-- most of the time. I'm not sure what's behind her behavior. I think it is a symptom of her current instability. Today she's complaining about missing Grandma, and is showing signs of depression. I'm going to have to do some reflecting on your questions. They are a good start. And you're right, this is not what I envisioned for her life....

maeve said...

Some of this is RAD behavior. "If you want me to do it then I don't want to do it!!!" She is such a complicated kid. I think she's a lot smarter than anyone would guess. A kid with this level of Developmental Delay couldn't figure out how to fake (whooops -- pseudo seizures) seizures. I think that about Miss Molly as well. OMHO.