Monday, January 4, 2010

A Day Off

Monday is my day off, and today it has been a productive day. C came over this morning and we began work on my bedroom. We emptied my closet, and many clothes found their way into the donate bags. We finished with it and my armoire. Next week we'll tackle the dresser and under my bed.
.
Far Away Sister and I had a long conversation. She was vacationing with her family, so we hadn't talked in over a week. I think she was glad to see her family return to work and school this morning.
.
I made tamales. I thought they were lots of work when I worked on them with Dad and Brother. When I'm doing them alone, they are even more work. They are done-- on the stove steaming now. I pulled some chili out of the freezer, and we'll have tamales and chili for supper tonight. I didn't count how many I made, but it was enough to fill my large pasta pot. Munchkin Mom, I think you and DH have a great recipe for tamales!
.
Sometime this afternoon I realized that I hadn't had a phone call from Daughter all day. She called about 3:00, once she was on the bus, to tell me the entire day had been good. When she got home, she had a plan for what chores she wanted to do this evening. She assigned herself more work than I would have, and is working quite diligently on them. She just brought two packages from the living room into my study. I gave her a hard time about dumping stuff in my study. She grinned and said, "Back to routine." Now she's taking great joy in bringing things in and placing them on my desk. It's nice to see her happy and productive.
.
I hope my return to the office tomorrow is as productive as my day off has been. It's going to be a busy week, and it is good to be back in the routine.

No comments: