Friday, January 8, 2010

"I Feel So Guilty"

Today has been a lost day-- for both of us. It started out okay. I made a list of tasks for Daughter and sat down to work. A little after 11:00 I was talking to a friend on the phone and Daughter was sitting in a chair in my study. I heard her breathing change and I looked over to see that once again she was having a seizure. The good news is that it was shorter, and there was less time when she was unresponsive. I told her to go lay down on the couch to recover, and she was quickly out.
.
A little after 2:00 I tried to wake her up. I shook her shoulder and called her name. No reaction whatsoever. Her eyes didn't move at all. A little after 3:00 I was finally able to get her to wake up (it wasn't easy) and eat lunch. Then she was out again. A little after 7:00, she woke up, and the first thing she did was apologize. She got up and moved around a bit, and then said, "I feel so guilty." I assured her she had nothing to feel guilty about. She wanted to be cooperative today. She wanted to do those jobs I'd outlined for her. She asked if I still wanted her to do them. I suggested she clean out the litter boxes and go get the mail. She thought she could handle those, and maybe tomorrow she can do the rest.
.
I called Neuro's office. He said it could take a week to 10 days before the new medication begins to work. Right now, that sounds like a very long time. Very long....

No comments: