Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Concert

Daughter and I had a community concert last night. Concerts with Daughter are an adventure. She tried to convince me I should leave her home alone last night-- so she could prove to me she could handle it. She can't handle being away from me during the day at the workshop right now. She's bee calling me multiple times each day. I told her no, of course. I then informed her that we were going to the concert, and if she complained or wanted to leave early, there would be no TV for the rest of the weekend.
.
The concert was a brass quintet, and it was fantastic. They played a wonderful variety of music, from classical to popular and had some humor thrown in with it. Daughter was on the edge of her seat all evening. She never complained. She never put her head on my shoulder. She was the first on her feet to give them a standing ovation. She loved it. She told me she loved it. She told me that all I had to do was threaten to take away her TV, and she'd enjoy concerts. I wish I'd figured that out years ago....

No comments: