Friday, January 29, 2010

Sneaking

It's better at this point that the church in Tiny Village not know that I am interviewing for a new position (some would celebrate, some would be upset, all would be distracted), so I'm trying not to be too obvious about things. Officially, I'm on study leave to do worship planning and because I'm tired and need a break. I will be doing worship planning next week. All week I've had men (including a member) in the house replacing the windows (29 of them). Today I needed to go over and get my robe for Sunday. It will be a miracle if no one notices it's gone. It hangs on the coat rack in the vestibule, so I can put it on right before I head up the aisle. It was a challenge finding a time when no one was in the church or working where they could see the car so that I could go get it and put it in the car, but I managed to get it done.
.
We arrived at our motel about an hour ago. We have a very nice room at a very reasonable price. A nice young man has replaced the floater in the toilet, as the toilet was running when we arrived. Daughter is really worried that I won't get this call. I think she is doing enough worrying for both of us. I keep reminding her that God will provide the right call at the right time, but she is now ready to leave Tiny Village, so she thinks this is the right time. It really is amazing that she is so welcoming of a move. Her eagerness makes me think that the time is now right. Hopefully God will agree.
.
I fully expect that when I return home Tiny Village will be talking about the fact I'm moving. It will be interesting to see what happens. In a little while we're going to meet Brother and Sister-in-law for supper. Sister is taking me out to get make-up tomorrow morning. She and Far Away Sister decided I needed it. You'd think they wanted me to move or something....

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Good to know that you got out - for now.

And it was funny to read about the plunger.

Linda said...

I'll be anxious to hear how you think it went! Glad it's going so smoothly.