Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finding the Positive

Daughter slept until after 7:00 yesterday evening, and when she woke up, she had another mild seizure. This morning she was going into the kitchen to get her breakfast and I heard a thud. I called her, but she didn't answer. I went into the kitchen and found her kneeling on the floor, leaning against the dishwasher. I got her out into the living room and onto the couch, and she had another mild seizure.
.
Sister is freaking out. I'm working very hard at finding the positive in all of this. New Neuro is much closer than the old one. These last few seizures have taken place at home. She hasn't fallen and injured herself. They are milder. I keep telling myself all of these things, and still I am concerned. The diabetes is somewhat under our control. Seizures are not. Daughter is very clingy and needy right now. I find myself getting ahead of myself. What if she has a seizure during worship tomorrow morning? Will I be able to get her to wake up to go over the church for youth group tomorrow evening? How am I going to do all the things I need to do for the church while tending to her needs?
.
The seizures are milder. New Neuro is closer to us. I think I will make those my mantra today. Now I need to go write a sermon.

No comments: