Friday, December 26, 2008

It Hits


All the stress and the crud I've been battling caught up with me last night. I had difficulty falling asleep for the first time, in part because I was thinking about the brewing family crisis, and in part because I was coughing and couldn't breath. I did, eventually, fall asleep, but did not get up as early as I had planned this morning. When I did get up, Daughter had already cleaned out the car. Now she's in the kitchen singing as she does something or other. It's wonderful to have her in a cooperative, upbeat mood. I also woke up this morning with a recommendation for Dad on the family crisis. I had been praying about it last night. Sister called me to see if I could take Dad to a rescheduled doctor's appointment, and I ran it by her. She liked the idea, too.


I'm drinking tea, hoping to cut the crud and regain my voice. I'm tempted to call and say we're not coming until tomorrow, but I hope that once I get showered and finish packing, I'll be ready to hit the road. I suspect Daughter's cheery mood wouldn't last through a postponement in our plans. She wants to go see family, and rightfully so.

No comments: