Sunday, December 14, 2008

Open House


I was going to take a picture of the table once we had all the food laid out, but I forgot, of course. The open house is over, and it went very well. We had 30-40 people come through, and some stayed the entire 2 hours. They ate a lot of food, but there were still a lot of left overs, much of which we sent home with various guests.


My strategy of cutting back worked well, and this afternoon instead of cutting things we had planned to do, we were able to add things. We got the upstairs hall, bathroom, and TV room cleaned, so Daughter took the kids upstairs to play with her x-box. She had a blast. She was super cooperative all day, even anticipating my needs. When I came home from church, she was actually doing a job I hadn't finished before I left. She insisted I clear off the desk in my study, including putting my computer in my briefcase. As a result, I had no distractions, which sped things up significantly. Daughter can be very sneaky at times.


We're both exhausted tonight, but some of the saints stayed to help with clean up, so all the dishes are washed and all the food is put away. We still have to put some things away, but we're basically in pretty good shape. Someone brought shrimp tonight, and there is left over shrimp in the refrigerator for Daughter. She loves it, but doesn't get it very often because I'm allergic to seafood. The It's going to be a short night, so I need to head to bed.

No comments: