Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cooperation


Daughter came home in a cooperative mood. She knows I have people coming this evening for pre-marital counseling. She fixed supper tonight, and has been working at getting the living room and downstairs hall cleaned up. I've been at the computer, trying to figure out what I'm doing for our Blue Christmas Service on Sunday evening. I had hoped to have the bulletin done for that so it could be printed today, but didn't manage to do that with everything else we were working on this morning. Secretary will come in tomorrow morning and we'll get it printed then.


I told Daughter I had decided we'd done enough decorating for this year. She was very pleased to hear that. I guess we're both Scrooges. We still have quite a bit of cleaning to do, but I'd rather do that than decorate. I'll do a bit more baking, as well. But we're going to aim for a peaceful holiday. I lit candles in the fire place and turned on the Christmas tree lights tonight. It's very pleasant in the living room. I enjoyed meeting with the couple who were here for the counseling. They are going to face some challenges, so hopefully I can give them the tools to build a successful marriage. One of my kids came by with the FFA Christmas ham I bought after they left. Daughter was already in her pj's, so that sent her running up the stairs. I pointed out that it's not Christmas yet, he just shrugged. He sold $1300 worth of hams and citrus fruit this year.


The nursing home claims the 26 lbs Dad has gained is due to his clothing, 3 units of blood, and not being dehydrated. I hope they're right, but I'm skeptical. Brother thinks Sister is over reacting. Sister thinks Brother is ignoring a dangerous situation. I'm trying to stay out of it. As I pointed out to Sister, this nursing home took good care of Dad last time he was there, and if they are monitoring him closely and he is in congestive heart failure, they'll figure it out quickly. I'm going to put that aside and focus on the situation here.


I'm almost done figuring out the Blue Christmas service. As I find words of comfort for those experiencing grief and stress around the holidays, I find I'm speaking to myself, as well. I hope that those who attend the service Sunday night find it as comforting as I am.

No comments: