Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Type 2


I got the call from my doctor's office a little while ago. I officially have type 2 diabetes. It's not a surprise. Dad was 5 years younger than I am when he got it. They're calling in prescriptions for the diabetes and for high cholesterol. I need to get very serious about diet and exercise. I don't think my diet has been that bad, but it does need improvement. I've not done well at all on exercise, so that needs to change.


I guess I didn't have enough stress in my life this week.... But lets focus on the good news. Daughter made it through the day without calling me to come get her because she was low. In fact the only phone call from her was to ask for guidance regarding how much pizza she could eat at lunch time. In other good news, I called the appliance repairmen, and they were out within a couple of hours. My dryer is now working again, and it only cost me $77. They fixed two problems, so hopefully the dryer will work much more efficiently now.


Daughter and I will head into Town when she gets home. We'll pick up my new prescriptions, and I'll also buy the part I need to fix the toilet upstairs. I've become an expert toilet repair person during my 12 years here. Our sulfur water eats through all kinds of things, creating all kinds of problems.

2 comments:

Torina said...

Wow. I'm sorry. That is big news. At least you are experienced with dealing with it.

Reverend Mom said...

Thanks, Torina, I did this to myself, and was expecting it. It still has bothered me more than I expected. I'm a stress eater, so there will be times when this just adds to my stress. It bothered Daughter more than I expected. She's a tad bit jealous. The pharmacy tech had picked out a pink meter for me, hers is boring gray.