Monday, December 29, 2008

The Car


Dad's car had not been driven for at least two months, so when Brother tried to start it, the battery was dead. He tried jumping it, but still couldn't get it to start. He told me I could deal with it when I got here. Brother-in-law agreed to put in a new battery, so Saturday morning he came over and took care of that. Brother-in-law hadn't been able to secure the battery properly, so we decided I would bring the car over that evening when we went over to their house for supper, and he would finish securing it.


While I was waiting for Dad to come out of the apartment, I noticed that one of the rear windows was down a bit, so I decided to make sure they were all up all the way. I pushed the buttons to raise the rear windows, and they fell to the bottom. I tried putting them down, since putting them up and had lowered them. I could here the motors running, but the windows didn't budge. So, we drove over to Sister's with the rear windows down. Fortunately it wasn't very cold. Daughter and Mom were in the back seat, and Mom was not happy. She kept babbling. I'd explain that the windows didn't work, and she'd be quiet for a couple of minutes, then she'd start in again.


Fortunately, we were able to pull them up with our hands, and we secured them with duct tape. Brother-in-law announced we now have a hillbilly car. We have an appointment to take the car in at 9:30 tomorrow morning. We took the car to church yesterday, and I avoided rolling down the front windows. I opened the door to talk to Sister. I walked into the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. When we got to Brother's today to celebrate Christmas, I think will take my car.

1 comment:

Munchkin Mom said...

When I lived in Indiana, I dated a guy whose windows, or rather his car's windows, would fall inside the door if they were opened.

Of course, I forgot that and had to drive with open windows.

Coincidentally, about that time, that awful movie, The Car, came out. LOL.